Friday, June 22, 2012

French Blueberry/Black Raspberry Cake


The June 19th recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie is French Strawberry Cake from the book Baking with Julia.

Learn more about Tuesdays with Dorie and see links to the blogs of my fellow bakers.  Also the hosts will have the recipe on their blog!




I had this cake baked and served on Father's Day, but never got around to posting on Tuesday... my bad!


I had just went blueberry and black raspberry picking, so I made a French Blueberry/Blackberry cake instead.






The génoise was challenging for me.  The first one I made was about as flat as a pancake.  Forget cutting it in half much less in thirds!  So I tried again, and my second attempt was much better, enough that I could cut it in half.  Therefore, my three layers were actually two cakes and thus the finished product was very heavy.  But practice makes perfect, and I think a génoise will be a great cake for me once I perfect my technique.






But it tasted good and looked pretty.

4 comments:

  1. I need to practice making genoise too. It was a challenge but I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake - you're the master of the "double" Genoise!
    It must be very yummy with fresh blueberry and raspberry.
    Mine was quite heavy too - I've used tons of cream...but everybody loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great version you decided on!
    When we have to make the genoise again, you will be a pro :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how this would be with different fruit--looks great!

    ReplyDelete