Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sticky Bun Fail



The May 15th recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie is Pecan Sticky Buns from the book Baking with Julia (see the sites of my fellow bloggers Nicole or Lynn for the full recipe or refer to the cookbook
.

Learn more about Tuesdays with Dorie and see links to the blogs of my fellow bakers.

I did my best this two week period, but life got the better of me and I only got through the brioche dough part of the recipe.

I really enjoyed bashing the dough with the rolling pin.





My Kitchen Aid mixer is awesome.  It held up like a champ.  






My Kitchen Aid mixer is awesome.  It held up like a champ.






I froze the dough for a day and then moved it to the fridge.


Then I forgot about it for a day.


I remembered the dough 9pm Monday night in a panic.  So rather than waste it I just made brioche.






The brioche was very easy and very good.  


My husband was disappointed I didn't get through to the finished Sticky Buns, but I promised him I will give it another go soon.

2 comments:

  1. I say kudos for at least getting through the brioche. The sticky buns are awesome so definitely give them a try sometime. Blessings! Catherine www.praycookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Life happens. At least everyone was able to get some tasty brioche out of it!

    ReplyDelete